This engagement has now closed.
Consultation on the review of the State NRM Plan has now closed. Responses are being reviewed and the final recommendations are being prepared for the Minister. We thank all those who provided their feedback.
Outcomes and updates
Help shape the review of the current State NRM Plan – Our Place Our Future 2012 - 2017
What is being decided?
The State Natural Resources Management Plan 2012-2017 "Our Place Our Future” (State NRM Plan) was adopted in June 2012. Under the Natural Resources Management Act 2004, the Minister must review the State NRM Plan at least once every five years.
The Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources (DEWNR) is seeking feedback on whether the State Natural Resources Management Plan 2012 – 2017 “Our Place Our Future” should be amended to better achieve the goals and objects of the Natural Resources Management Act 2004.
DEWNR has worked with natural resources management boards, Primary Producers SA, Conservation Council of SA, Local Government Association of SA and state government agencies to develop the draft findings and recommendations outlined in the review document.
DEWNR is now seeking broader feedback on the draft findings and recommendations within the review document.
How can your input influence the decision?
Input provided through this engagement process will help shape the final findings and recommendations of the review of the State NRM Plan. The report will be provided to the Minister for Sustainability, Environment and Conservation for consideration.
Based on the information in the Draft Review Document “Review of the State NRM Plan – Our Place Our Future 2012 – 2017” (PDF 1.1MB) we seek input from organisations and individuals interested in natural resources management on:
- Do you think that the State NRM Plan should be updated?
- What natural resources management topics should a future State NRM Plan address?
- Should a future State NRM Plan include state-wide policies on particular subject matters? If so, what types of state-wide policies would be most useful?
- What format (e.g. single or multiple volumes) would be most useful for a future State NRM Plan?
- Download the current State NRM Plan 2012-17.
- Download the draft review document "Review of the State NRM Plan - Our Place Our Future 2012 - 2017" (PDF 1.1MB)
- Join the discussion
- Contact the team via DEWNRStateNRM@sa.gov.au or (08) 8124 4724.
Feedback can be provided until 31 May. A consultation report will be developed on completion of the review and will be made available on the site.
Past key dates
Wed, 31 May 2017 at 5:00 PM