This online engagement was hosted on YourSAy from 10 December 2019 to 14 February 2020. Below is a record of the engagement.
How can we enhance your experience and the amenities at the Mount Lofty Botanic Garden?
What’s being decided?
We are looking for your feedback on how to improve your experience and the amenities at the Mount Lofty Botanic Garden while maintaining a site for horticultural excellence in growing, displaying and conserving plants.
Our proposed changes to the current Masterplan for the Mount Lofty Botanic Garden, which will help guide future investment in the site, include:
- A new visitor and educational hub
- Additional on-site and overflow car parking, new public toilets, drinking fountains
- Improved way-finding signage
- A new horticulture and conservation hub
- Upgraded walking trails
Read more about the proposed changes and view a map showing potential locations.
To help you get involved and have your say we have prepared the following resources:
- A flyer including a map of the Mount Lofty Botanic Garden that shows existing trails and amenities, and the potential locations for proposed developments
- Frequently asked questions
- Proposed changes and a view map
To have your say:
How can your input influence the decision?
Your input on the proposed changes will help shape the Mount Lofty Botanic Garden Masterplan, which will guide future development in the garden.
What are the next steps?
A consultation report will be developed and published on this site in early 2020 to let you know what we heard, and how your views helped shape the revised Mount Lofty Botanic Garden Masterplan.
The draft revised Masterplan will be considered and endorsed by the Board of the Botanic Gardens and State Herbarium in mid-2020.
For more information contact:
Mount Lofty Botanic Garden engagement team
P: 8222 9311