We want your ideas to help us shape future visitor experiences for Granite Island Recreation Park.
What is being decided?
We are developing a visitor experience plan for Granite Island Recreation Park.
The plan aims to create a shared vision for an accessible and inclusive space for visitors and the community.
The plan will detail potential new or upgraded infrastructure and experiences that will benefit all visitors while continuing to support the island’s conservation values.
We want to know your thoughts about:
- how you and others currently experience Granite Island Recreation Park
- what visitor experiences would make the island a more desirable destination for visitors and community year-round.
View the FAQ page and have your say by:
- joining the online discussion
- completing the online survey
- attending one of our drop-in sessions
- attending a Granite Island tour
- registering your interest for a Tourism industry and business workshop
- emailing your written feedback to: DEWtourism@sa.gov.au
sending your written submission to:
Tourism & Economic Development Branch
Re: Granite Island Visitor Experience Plan
Department for Environment and Water
GPO Box 1047
ADELAIDE SA 5001
All submissions will be publicly available to anyone who requests a copy. Please let us know if you don't want your input on the public record.
How can your input influence the decision?
Your ideas will shape the vision for sustainable nature-based tourism attractions in Granite Island Recreation Park.
What are the next steps?
We will collect your feedback and create a summary which we will share on this website later in the year.
We will prepare a visitor experience plan and high-level visual concepts for further community consultation in July 2021.
Email - DEWtourism@sa.gov.au
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 21 May 2021
Upcoming key dates
Fri, 21 May 2021 at 5:00 PM