We want to hear your views on the draft ACE Program Statement for 2018/19 and beyond, which has been directly influenced by the feedback received during the initial engagement phase with a broad range of stakeholders in May and June 2017.
What is being decided?
The Department of State Development, with Community Centres SA is strengthening the Adult Community Education (ACE) Program for 2018/19 and beyond through a comprehensive engagement process with stakeholders including past and current ACE providers and participants, as well as local communities.
In May of this year, we engaged with the community regarding their feedback - click here to view this engagement. You can also:
- read about the outcomes
- find out what the community said
- check out the original discussion and survey
- download the Strengthening Adult Community Education Fact Sheet (PDF 560KB).
In 2016, engagement with the ACE sector identified five key themes for strengthening the ACE program. We are building on these key themes, which are:
- Funding certainty and arrangements.
- Difficulties linking to other programs and services – how can we improve links for ACE participants with volunteering, further learning, training and work opportunities?
- Communications and marketing of ACE to attract partners and participants.
- Program management including reporting, data and evaluation – how can this process be streamlined for ACE training providers?
- Sector capacity and development to deliver on program outcomes – what do ACE providers need to improve program outcomes? What do participants need to improve their experience and outcomes?
The engagement process in 2017 will include:
- Preliminary engagement with a broad range of stakeholders, communities and ACE participants - May 2017.
- Co-design of a Strengthened ACE Program Statement and Guidelines in partnership with Community Centres SA and the Department of State Development, incorporating the ideas and feedback received - June 2017.
- Consultation on the draft ACE Statement and Guidelines for 2018/19 and beyond with stakeholders, participants and local communities - July 2017.
- Launch of the 2018/19 Strengthened ACE Program Statement and Guidelines - late 2017.
How can your input influence the decision?
The Department of State Development is strengthening the Adult Community Education (ACE) Program by seeking community and stakeholder input to identify strategies for improving the well-established ACE Program, particularly in relation to:
- program outcomes
- measures of success
- transitions and pathways for participants
- accessibility for participants
- provider capacity and capability building
- what is currently working well
- what could be improved
- new opportunities.
Stakeholder and community engagement will help shape the updated ACE Program Statement and Guidelines for 2018/19 and beyond.
You can provide feedback on the Draft ACE Program Statement 2018/19 (PDF 620KB) by:
- Completing the survey.
- Participating in the online discussion forum.
- Emailing DSD.ACEinfo@sa.gov.au.
- Calling the Skills and Employment Infoline on 1800 506 266.
How will your input be used?
Community feedback received as part of the initial phase of engagement in May/June 2017 has directly influenced the development of the Draft ACE Program Statement for 2018/19 and beyond. This initial phase of engagement asked for feedback in relation to what a stronger ACE Program would look like.
The draft ACE Statement has been co-designed as a partnership between Community Centres SA and the Department of State Development, with assistance from the Department of Communities and Social Inclusion (DCSI).
Your feedback on the draft will be used to finalise the ACE Program Statement for 2018/19 and beyond, which will be launched in September 2017.
For a summary of the feedback received from providers, participants, peak bodies, partners and the public during the initial phase of engagement in May/June 2017, please visit the ‘what you said’ page or download the feedback report (PDF 1MB).
To be kept informed, please join our mailing list so we can provide you with updates on Strengthening the ACE Program as the project progresses throughout 2017.
Want to know more?
- Department of State Development: facebook.com/StateDevSA
- Community Centres SA: facebook.com/communitycentressa
- Department of State Development: twitter.com/statedevsa
- Community Centres SA: twitter.com/CommCentresSA
- Department of State Development: linkedin.com/company/statedevsa
- Community Centres SA: linkedin.com/company/community-centres-sa
- DSD ACE: skills.sa.gov.au/training-learning/adult-community-education
- Community Centres SA: communitycentressa.asn.au/capacitybuilding/adult-community-education
Phone: Skills and Employment Infoline - 1800 506 266
Past key dates
Sun, 13 Aug 2017 at 5:00 PM